eLink Terms and Conditions
This section contains the terms and conditions, which apply to your access to and use of the NOVA Alliance Bank® Internet banking Service (eLink) including any account transactions conducted by you. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using the Service. If you do not understand these terms and conditions please contact us. By accessing eLink, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. These terms and conditions operate in addition to any legal rights NOVA has or you have. The relevant provisions of the Code of Banking Practice apply to eLink. The Code of Banking Practice requires us to give you information about the current fees and charges in relation to eLink.
1.1. Definitions and Interpretations
1. The ‘Service’ means the Internet access to eLink and eLink ON-THE-GO and electronic information services that NOVA offers from time-to-time to enable you to receive information about accounts, account transactions and bill transactions from NOVA Alliance Bank® and to transmit instructions to NOVA electronically.
2. ‘eLink’ means NOVA Alliance Bank®‘s Internet banking Service you access with a personal computer, by visiting serviceone.com.au and selecting the ‘Internet banking’ option and eLink ON-THE-GO and the dedicated App which are accessed via an Internet capable mobile phone or other device. These terms and conditions apply to both eLink, eLink ON-THE-GO and the App, and the functionality available through these Services.
3. ‘Access Code’ means your eLink password or PIN code for the App, which provides access to the Service.
4. A reference to ‘you’ and ‘your’ includes a reference to any third party authorised by you to access and/or operate your account(s) using the Service, and you shall be liable for any use of the Service in respect of your account(s) and for any failure on the part of any such third party to observe these terms and conditions.
5. Headings are for convenience only and do not affect the interpretation of these terms and conditions.
1.2. Access Code
1. NOVA will provide you with access to the Service using an Access Code when your application to use the Service is accepted and approved by NOVA.
2. You can use the Service when your Member number (or User Name) and correct Access Code are keyed in.
3. Your Access Code must not relate to any readily accessible data such as your name, date of birth, telephone number or names of a friend or relative. Nor must it be an obvious combination of letters and numbers or one that can be easily guessed by someone else.
4. NOVA reserves the right to cancel your Access Code at any time without notice.
5. You may at any time request in writing that we withdraw your access to the Service. You will remain responsible for any transactions made on your account(s) using the Service until the request has been received and processed by NOVA.
1.3. Keeping your Access Code safe
1. You must keep your Access Code secret and take steps to prevent unauthorised use of it. You must ensure that no unauthorised person can gain access to your computer through the use of passwords.
2. You must notify NOVA as soon as possible if you suspect another person knows your Access Code or has used your Access Code without authority. If you unreasonably delay notifying NOVA, your possible loss arising from unauthorised transactions may increase.
3. To guard against unauthorised use, it is important that you:
- Do not tell any unauthorised person your Access Code;
- Do not allow any unauthorised person to watch you enter or hear your Access Code; and
- Keep your record of your Access Code and your transaction details separate and apart from each other.
1.4. Check your Account Records
1. You must check your account records carefully. If you believe a transaction is wrong or unauthorised you must tell NOVA as soon as possible.
2. If NOVA finds an error in your account, NOVA will promptly correct the error, adjust interest and charges to the account and tell you.
3. If NOVA does not agree that there is an error, NOVA will write to you as soon as possible giving you the reasons for the decision. NOVA will also provide you with details of NOVA’s dispute resolution processes, including the contact details of NOVA’s external dispute resolution scheme.
1.5. Liability for Unauthorised Use
1. You are liable for all transactions and other losses caused by unauthorised use as set out in clauses 1.5 (2) to 1.5 (4)
No Liability in Certain Circumstances;
2. You will not be liable for unauthorised use of the Service:
- that take place after you tell NOVA that your Access Code has been misused, lost or stolen or has become known to someone else; b. that are caused by the fraudulent or negligent conduct of employees or agents of:
- NOVA; or
- any organisation providing the Service.
- Where an Access Code is required to perform the unauthorised transaction and you tell NOVA about the unauthorised transaction your liability is limited;
3. Your liability for loss is limited to $50.00 if:
- You did not unreasonably delay to tell NOVA that any of your Access Codes have been misused, lost or stolen, or have become known to someone else; and
- Any instructions were carried out without your knowledge and consent.
Your Liability Where You Have Contributed To Unauthorised Use
4. Where NOVA can establish on the balance of probabilities that you contributed to your loss caused by unauthorised use (however occurring) by:
- voluntarily disclosing your Access Code to another person;
- writing your Access Code on your record of transactions;
- keeping a written or electronic record of your Access Code in a form that can be readily identified as a password, and which enables unauthorised use if the Access Code is lost or stolen;
- selecting an Access Code which does not comply with these terms and conditions;
- unreasonably delaying to tell NOVA that:
- your Access Code has been lost or stolen; or
- your Access Code has become known to someone else.
Your liability for any losses will be the lesser of:
- the actual losses;
- the amount you are able to withdraw from your account; or
- the total amount you have been able to withdraw on the days that the unauthorised use occurred.
1.6. Use of Service
1. The Service is available for the enquiries and transactions as specified on the NOVA Alliance Bank® website.
2. You will only be able to use the Service to access accounts when you are:
- the account holder and sole signatory; or
- authorised to act alone where there is more than one signatory.
3. Transactions made using the Service are also governed by the terms and conditions of the account being used and these terms and conditions applying to those various accounts. In the event of a conflict between these terms and conditions and the terms of the relevant account, the terms and conditions of the relevant account will prevail.
4. NOVA will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information made available to you through the Service is correct and is updated regularly at the intervals NOVA specifies from time-to-time.
5. NOVA will make every effort to make the Service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, but NOVA is not responsible for any breakdown or interruption in the Service due to circumstances beyond NOVA’s control.
6. NOVA has no obligation to verify the authenticity of any instruction received from you or purporting to have been sent by you using the Service, and may, without further enquiry, act on any directions contained in an instruction which on its face purports to be genuine.
7. NOVA will endeavour to effect transactions on your account(s) that are received by the Service, provided that there are, sufficient funds available in your relevant accounts. NOVA will not have any responsibility or liability for any refusal or omission to make all or any of the payments or for late payment or for any omission to follow any such instructions, due to circumstances beyond reasonable control.
8. You will continue to be liable to reimburse us for any indebtedness incurred through the use of the Service whether or not you have closed your NOVA Alliance Bank® account(s).
9. NOVA may set a monetary limit on the transactions to be carried out using the Service or different monetary limits where different access methods are used – details of which you can obtain from NOVA from time-to-time.
10. You are liable for all transactions carried out by you or by anybody carrying out a transaction with your authority, knowledge or consent, regardless of when the transaction is processed to your account.
11. If you have a complaint about the Service you should tell NOVA as soon as possible. NOVA will investigate the complaint and write to you as soon as possible giving you reasons for the decision.
If it’s concluded from NOVA’s investigations that no error has occurred, you may ask NOVA to:
- review the investigation;
- give you a copy of the material on which the decision was based (NOVA cannot give you material which may breach confidence, legal duty or obligation or which may adversely affect security). If you are not satisfied with the answer, NOVA will advise you of other avenues of dispute resolution open to you.
12. You are responsible for your own anti-virus software and/or other security measures on any computers or devices you use to access the Service to help prevent unauthorised access to your accounts through the Service. NOVA can cancel your access if it reasonably believes that it is necessary to protect the security of the system, or an individual facility, from misuse, including fraud.
1.7. System Malfunction
1. NOVA will not be liable to you for any loss caused by a Service malfunction if you were aware, or should have been aware, that the Service was unavailable for use or was malfunctioning. NOVA will take reasonable steps to correct the errors in your account and to refund any fees or charges, which would not have been imposed on you if the information was correct.
2. It is your responsibility to use other means of effecting transactions and obtaining information if for any reason you are unable to use the Service.
3. NOVA will not be liable to you for:
- the unavailability of the Service to you, in whole or part, because of the failure of the communications network, ancillary equipment or any circumstance beyond our reasonable control; or
- delays or errors in the execution of any transaction or instruction because of the failure of the communication network, ancillary equipment or any circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
1.8. Fees and Charges
1. You agree to pay us fees relating to the Service. These are detailed in the Schedule of Fees and Charges booklet available at all Branches, or on this website.
2. NOVA reserves the right to vary the amount of any fees and charges and to introduce new fees and charges in relation to the Service.
1.9. Terms and Conditions
1. NOVA reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions from time-to-time.
1.10. Changes to Fees and Charges, Interest Rates and Terms and Conditions
1. NOVA may do any of the following without your consent:
- change the standard fees and charges that apply to our services and introduce new fees and charges;
- change interest rates;
- change the method by which NOVA calculates interest or vary the frequency with which NOVA credits interest;
- change any other term or condition.
If NOVA introduces a new fee or charge, or change the way interest is calculated, or change the frequency with which NOVA credits interest, you will be advised in writing at least thirty (30) days before the change takes effect, by one of the following methods:
- publishing a notice once in at least one edition of a daily newspaper circulating generally in each State or Territory in which NOVA conducts its business;
- notice in NOVA’s Member magazine;
- notice printed on your account statement;
- individual notice mailed to you.
1.11. Miscellaneous Matters
1. NOVA reserves the right to cancel, discontinue or withdraw the Service.