Alliance Bank Do Good Awards 2020
Recognising and celebrating good in our communities
Nominations for the 2020 Do Good Awards are now open! You could win $1,000
It’s been a tough year, and so many people have stood up to support others during these difficult times. Let’s acknowledge them and their contribution towards making our community a better place to live.
You can nominate yourself, a local business or people from within your community that are making a positive difference to the lives of others.
$1,000 will be awarded to the winner of each category.
Make someone’s day by shining a light on their community contribution.
- Community Award
- Team Award
- Social Purpose Business Award
The Do Good Awards aim to acknowledge community members, Alliance Bank Partner Members and staff that have made an outstanding contribution and have positively impacted the lives of others and their community.
The Awards provide the opportunity to share the stories and celebrate the wonderful contributions people in our communities make to address social, environmental or community needs.
Nominations open 21 September 2020
Nominations close 30 October 2020
Nominees announced 16 November 2020
Finalists announced 30 November 2020
Winners announced 1 February 2021
One prize of $1,000 will be awarded to the winner of each of the three categories.
From the pool of finalists, the judging committee will award an Outstanding Achievement Award. That recipient will also receive $1,000.
- Nominees will have made a significant contribution that has improved the lives of people in the local community.
- You can nominate yourself or someone else.
- Submissions are made online. As the form can’t be saved, you’ll need to complete it in one sitting. The easiest way is to prepare your answers beforehand then copy and paste them on to the form.
- There are two key questions that form part on the online submission:
1. Why are you nominating this person or business for a Do Good Award?
2. How has the nominee positively impacted the lives of others? Remember the more information provided the better.
- Nominees must reside in an Alliance Bank catchment or be nominated for a contribution to an Alliance Bank community.
- People can self-nominate or nominate others.
- Current Board members of mutuals operating as Alliance Banks and politicians are ineligible.
- A person or business cannot receive a second award in the same category in consecutive years.
- Unsuccessful nominees may be re-nominated in subsequent years.
- Awards will not be granted posthumously.
- Nominees for the Social Purpose Business Award must hold an ABNC or ACN.
- Nominees for the Team Award must comprise two or more people.
- Finalists must provide consent for their image and their story to be used in Alliance Bank marketing materials.
Terms and Conditions
- Only one prize of $1,000 is awarded per category including the Team Award.
- The Outstanding Achievement Award winner will be selected by the judging committee from the finalists in the three Do Good Award categories.
- Total prize pool $4,000.
- Judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Finalists must provide information that outlines their contribution and how it has positively impacted lives and / or their local community and consent to its use in Alliance Bank marketing materials.
- Finalists stories will be featured on alliancebankgroup.com.au and partner websites and social media from early December 2020 to early February 2021.
- Winners announced 1 February 2021.