Supporting Members & staff
At Nova, the welfare of Members, staff and the broader community remains of upmost importance. And that’s precisely why we’re closely monitoring developments with the coronavirus – particularly in the Hunter and surrounding NSW and acting in accordance with measures recommended by federal, state and local government authorities as well as the World Health Organisation.
At this point, our services remain unaffected and Members are reminded Nova Alliance Bank deposits are covered by the Government Guarantee.
While the number of cases remains contained within the Hunter and surrounds at the moment, it is expected there will be additional pressure on our health system as the number of local cases increases over the coming weeks. We all have a role to play to limit the spread of COVID-19 – this includes the general public and the business community. At Nova, we have a range of measures we will be incrementally implementing to play our part and we appreciate the understanding of our Members during this time.
In the meantime, we ask that you do not enter Nova’s Branch if:
- you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or awaiting test results to confirm a diagnosis
- you have returned from overseas within the last 14 days
- you have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or who has returned from overseas within the last 14 days, and/or
- you are displaying flu-like symptoms.
If you have any health concerns or think you may have been exposed to COVID-19, we urge you to contact your doctor immediately to arrange an appointment or contact the Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080 (24/7).
NOVA announces COVID-19 Assistance Package
Nova has announced a range of assistance measures to provide short and long-term support for Members impacted by the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic.
The following financial assistance package is available:
- Borrowers can apply for relief on loans for up to six months
- waiver of fees for the restructuring or consolidation of loans
- discounted interest rates on new personal loans taken out by existing Nova Members
- waiver of interest rate reduction for early withdrawals of term deposits prior to maturity
- NOVA will continue to monitor the situation and evaluate our responses and provide updates as needed. Chief Executive, David Franklin, shares his views on the organisation’s commitment to Members and the broader community during this difficult time.
“We know many of our Members are uneasy at the moment, particularly with the flow on impact to the global and local economies. As the situation continues to unfold, NOVA is taking a proactive role to minimise the risks to staff, Members and the broader community. We understand the negative impact of COVID-19 will flow onto some household budgets, incomes, jobs, the sustainability of small businesses and more. This assistance package is designed to provide some relief and we encourage any of our Members adversely impacted by COVID-19, to contact us to see how we can assist.”
Impacted NOVA Members should contact us on 02 49261428.